This is a historical home that was built in the mid-1800's by Colonel Justus Varien, one of Napoleon's body guards. How he ended up here in my rural neck of the woods, I'll never know! The home is a part of 'Spend A Buck' Farms, the birthplace of the 1985 Kentucky Derby winner.

Holy cow! (or horse) That could be an entire neighborhood. That's amazing.
ReplyDeleteInteresting how the rise of the yard meets the door. Makes the perception of the house somewhat engaging. Is that dead looking (but mowed) lawn dormant Kentucky Bluegrass?
ReplyDeleteLove the Photo but find Red Writting on a Black Background almost Headache producing!
ReplyDeleteInteresting bit of history and a wonderful photo to match! I doubt I'd like the shot as much if the grass were green. I like the way the lines in the mown turf take me right up to the house. I think it looks kind of welcoming - do you think you could knock on the door and ask if you could get a few shots of the horses to show your blogging friends? I'm sure they'd let you. ;-)
ReplyDeleteWhat an expansive mansion . . . the dormant grass in the front adds to the massive feel of the photo. Very nicely composed.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a mansion to me, would love to see the inside, bet it is as traditional as the exterior! Very nice shot!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a classic Kentucky horse farm "main manor".
ReplyDeleteWow, a very nice house!
ReplyDelete