Saturday, January 1, 2011

#131 - Gold

Here's to the beginning of the New Year!  Dried golden ornamental grasses are almost as pretty to me in the winter as they are when they're green and lush in the summer.

22 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you as well Kim. The grasses look fabulous (in a bit cold) in gold. Yyou're off to a good start for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this is absolutely stunning...I think this is prettier than the lush greens! I love the hint of frost too! Happy New Year to you as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful composition with the barn in the back and the golden tones tie everything together. Happy New Year, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good catch for the starting shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those soft grasses are beautiful and I like the clean lines and angle of the shed in the background as contrast. Great start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still looks a bit frozen to me, that would make it Cold Gold. Happy New Year.

    No Open ID? My site Addr, is:
    http://danudin2011.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your grasses look much better than mine this time of year! They sure look gold and full. Is that your house behind them? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fine and lovely way to start off the year, hope your new year is fabulous! I love the warm color in this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter or not they sure are beautiful!! Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Kim. I really like the composition with the low grasses leading up to the tall grasses. The building in the back adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those grasses are photogenic--but it's the barn in the background that's the same muted shade of gold, that sets this photo apart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those grasses create great interest in the winter yard/garden. Your photo of them is wonderful with the soft blue sky and building as additional elements.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The grasses add so much interest to an image, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning colors...like the composition too

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are indeed, gold. I do love grasses that don't have a lot of care to make them look good anytime of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely start to the blogging year. Perfectly unique shot for the theme, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did a great job composing this for color, Kim. Makes the winter blah landscape much more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year! This is a beautiful image of grasses in the winter. Good composition and color.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great matching color on this one and I agree that grass is great in many stages

    christina. sweden

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great color and clarity. Really like this image!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! Nice rule of thirds there. Great job! I look forward to following you to see what else you find.
    http://throughaphotographerseyes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete