Wednesday, April 6, 2011

#231 - Purple

I love the early signs of spring - as in this beautiful purple crocus.

11 comments:

  1. I love how the light is hitting these beauties...it makes the petals very translucent! Love the shadows and highlights! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely....and my fave color, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is here! Love the crocus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those purples are certainly exuberant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers! Do they grow in your yard? Do you harvest the saffron? Do you add the spice to your soup?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice signs of spring Kim. Our crocuses have changed their minds and withdrawn back into the dirt. It seems as though we're headed through another round of winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours and a sure sign of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photo with such super lighting, color and composition. Really put the "spring" feeling into me today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such happy making flowers, lovely! Don't bother with the saffron, it's a different sort of crocus

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the crocus. They look so happy with the sun shining on them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the lightning on those crocus. Have several of those inb my garden, like those and some yellow ones

    ReplyDelete